How to play live roulette
Live Roulette uses the same rules as we know from classic European Roulette. However, at Mr Green we have chosen to expand the number of game variants to include a wide selection of side bets and special bets.
Playing live roulette is easy, and here’s an overview of how:
- Place your bet when you see the message that says “Place your bet”.
- The game board will move closer to you, making it easier for you to play.
- You can choose from six different chip values.
- Click on the numbers or boxes on the game board to place your bet.
- Just before the game starts, a message appears on your screen telling you that the game is closed for play. After this message has been displayed, the option to play in that round closes.
- In the game settings you can adjust the sound and video quality.
- In the help section you can read more about the game rules and other features.
- If you have problems with your internet, you can choose to switch to low video quality to enjoy the game without interruptions.
Live roulette rules
When you play roulette, it’s all about guessing which number, square or colour the ball lands on after the roulette wheel is set in motion. If you get it right, you win, and if the ball doesn’t land where you placed your bet, you lose.
On the roulette wheel you can bet on numbers 1-36. The numbers are alternately coloured red and black, giving a total of 18 red numbers and 18 black numbers. In addition, there is also a green field with the number zero. If the ball lands on zero, you lose your bet.
When all players around the table have placed their bets, the dealer starts the game.
If you don’t win in the first round, you can always try your luck in the next round. Live roulette is very entertaining, which is why it is such a popular game. However, we suggest that you set limits for yourself in terms of the number of rounds you play and that you play responsibly.
One of the best things about live roulette is that you can place several different bets at the same time. For example, you can choose to bet on one number, two numbers, three numbers or a wider range of numbers. You can also choose to bet on colour. You will get different payouts depending on the strategy you choose.
In live roulette, there are generally two categories of games. These are Inside Bets and Outside Bets respectively.
What are Inside Bets?
Inside Bets are the bets that are placed on the numbers in the betting area. In live roulette you have the following options to bet on Inside Bets:
- Straight on – Here you bet on a single number. You win if the ball lands on your chosen number. The bet pays 35:1.
- Split – Split covers two numbers. Place your chips on the line between the two numbers to play. Bet pays 17:1.
- Street – In this bet, you bet on three numbers. To play, place your chips at the end of the line of three numbers. The bet pays 11:1.
- Corner – The bet covers four numbers. Place your chips on the cross between the four numbers to play. Bet pays 8:1.
- Line of six – Here you bet on six numbers. Place your bet by placing your chips on the cross between two streets. Bet pays 5:1.
What are Outside Bets?
Outside Bets are the bets placed on the boxes next to and below the board. In live roulette, you have the following options to bet on Outside Bets:
Red/Black – Here you bet on either red or black color. Place your chips on the red or black box on one side of the board. The bet pays twice again if you win. So you get your own bet plus the same amount as a win.
Odd/Even – Play either even or odd numbers. Place your chips on even or odd numbers outside the board. The bet pays twice again if you win. So you get your own bet plus the same amount as a win.
High/Low Numbers – Bet on either all high numbers (19 and above) or all low numbers (18 and below). Place your chips in the 19-36 box or in the 1-18 box on one side of the board. Bet pays twice again if you win. So you get your own bet plus the same amount as a win.
Dozen – When you play Dozen, you play 12 numbers at a time. The first dozen contains the numbers 1-12, the second dozen contains the numbers 13-24, and the third dozen covers the numbers 25-36. You can play Dusin by placing your chips on the 1st 12, 2nd 12 and 3rd 12 fields. The bet pays three times the money back if you win.
Columns – When you play on the boxes that say “2 to 1” at the bottom of a column, you are playing on an entire column of numbers. Here you are betting on 12 numbers at a time. The first column covers numbers 1-34, the second column covers numbers 2-35, and the third column covers numbers 3-25.
What are neighbour bets?
When you bet on neighbour bets, you bet on several numbers at once. The numbers will include the number you choose as well as the two neighbours on either side of the number. You can place a neighbour bet by clicking on a number in the betting area. By clicking on the – or + button, you have the option to increase or decrease the number of neighbours.